Stand For Enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roovin

So I built a 4x2x2 enclosure and currently have it on my computer desk. It works ok but I want to build some type of stand so that I can put the enclosure in a different place.

The problem is that I have 0 zero on how to do this. This enclosure was the first thing that I've ever built in my life and I don't even know where to begin when it comes to making a stable stand for something like this.

Does anyone have something like a very basic guide or know somewhere that I can get more info on how to do this? I'm not sure if it matter but I'd also like to build something where I can potentially place another enclosure on top of the one I have.

Roovin

Original Poster
kyleena29":22cye5if said:
You could stack cinder blocks on each side, they are the perfect size.
I'll keep that in mind.

But eventually I want to be able to stack some enclosures (4x2x2) on top of each other (or in some way with a rack). So I'm not sure if it'd be fine simply laying them on top of each other as they might be prone to slipping or if there is something I can build that I could layer between the enclosures to keep them in place.

Heck, even a premade rack for this kind of thing might be nice.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I have 2 stacked right on top of each other and it's fine. I did put one cinder block under the left and right side of the bottom enclosure so it's not completely on the ground.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
You can see on the bottom of the enclosure that I have cinder blocks and I can put some short bins under for their insects. I have 2 enclosures stacked together. If you want it higher you could just use more blocks. That seemed to be the easiest solution for me though. I'm sure you can make a stand with wood if you would rather do that.
88370-245474298.jpg

PaulaO

I'm a big fan of Simpson Strong Ties. They're metal brackets of various varieties and purposes but their line that holds 2x4s are what I have used the most. I have used them to build my desk, a table, the small back deck and the dog ramp off of it. The brackets hold the wood by either having the wood pass through it (and is then attached) or sits on it, or both.

I get mine at Home Depot but Lowe's probably carries them, too.

Build a base so it is the same floor size as the enclosure using 2x4s. Do one corner at a time. Level it where it will sit, adjusting the heights of the 4 corner posts if needed. Trim off any that is higher than the horizontal pieces. Then use a thinner board all around to keep the enclosure from moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom