Question about ventilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasdf

Hello everyone,

I am building a 4'L by 2'W by 3'H enclosure for my bearded dragon (based on the famous melamine crossfire build). So far I have one vent high on the left wall (hot side) and one vent low on the right wall (cool side). The vents are each 16" by 8". I have a solid ceiling, no mesh top, and I'm wondering if there's enough ventilation. If not, could I get away with just making the vents bigger on the left and right walls, or possibly add another vent on the ceiling? I feel like I'm gonna be pushing this enclosure against a wall, thus defeating the purpose of any vents on the backboard.

Thoughts?

Edit: And do the beams that run along the top and bottom of the front frame (alongside the runner tracks for the sliding panel doors) serve a structural purpose, or merely a cosmetic one?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those are nice big vents. The temperature differences should pull cool air in through the lower vent and that should work very well I'd imagine. That is how I have the vents on my design, no back vents.

The beams across the front in the versions I've seen are probably cosmetic to hide the tracks a bit. I prefer a drop down door to a sliding door anyway. A drop down with a latch on top and hinges that have some spring to them to keep it from dropping quickly and breaking the glass. That's cosmetic and a personal preference though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom