Making plywood cage question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmon26

Ok so I'm looking at making my bearded dragon a new cage. I'm going to be using plywood and it will be 4 foot by 2foot by 2foot maybe a little bigger. My question is a sealant... I have found one called eco advanced seems completely safe but was wondering if anyone has used it or if there is a better one.i also was wondering if to be safe I should just use mod podge on all the wood instead of a sealant from lowes? I know I can use melamine to avoid this but I'm worried about it because everyone says it can't get wet and what if I spill water.... then my cage is ruined. Here is a link to the sealant I found. Please let me know what you think. Thank you
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Eco-Advance-Clear-Flat-Concentrated-Waterproofer-Actual-Net-Contents-16-fl-oz/50224775

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Melamine is very heavy. I prefer sealed plywood instead because of that. I haven't used this sealant but since it's non toxic it should be OK. I usually just put a couple of layers of polyurethane over the wood to seal it up nicely. It's durable and once it's completely dry it's safe.

Salmon26

Original Poster
Ok I'll find that stuff at Lowe's then just to be on the safe side. Thank you so much for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom