Babys R Us Security Cage turned Enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawahchan

I bought a babys r us security cage from the local store for 40 bucks
76652-2787425537.jpg
before they went out of buisness because they were selling their fixtures. The inside of the cage is 46 1/2 in wide, 52 in tall, and 22 in deep I will need to install meshing on the outside because the holes of the cage are about 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 but other that that my plan is to put the cage Nigel is currently in INTO the security cage and add platforms with turf ontop and ways for him to climb up and down. Any suggestions as to what materials I should use? How to clean it? Can I even use the security cage?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The cage itself won't retain heat so it's important to keep the room pretty warm for him, especially overnight. It's a good size though. You could build in some different levels with basking lights and set up branches so he can move between the levels perhaps. The height of the enclosure reminds me of what Taterbug has so you might want to model it after hers a bit. https://sites.google.com/site/thelizardmadness/photogradient

Sawahchan

Original Poster
CooperDragon":13ylmsi0 said:
The cage itself won't retain heat so it's important to keep the room pretty warm for him, especially overnight. It's a good size though. You could build in some different levels with basking lights and set up branches so he can move between the levels perhaps. The height of the enclosure reminds me of what Taterbug has so you might want to model it after hers a bit. https://sites.google.com/site/thelizardmadness/photogradient

Thanks! I will defintetly keep that in mind! This tank will be in the most climate controlled area of the house. Do you think that I could use plexiglass or thicker material to cover the sides (excluding the front) to keep in heat or would that be too much?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah you could line it with plexiglass or plywood or thicker wood panels (which would be heavier).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom