PVC or ABS pipe in an enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

budzoboy

Hi All...I am attempting to design a basking platform for my exo-terra 36 x 18 x 36 tank.
the screen top is trashed, so I made some wood slats or beams to go across the top to support the sunblaster fixture and the basking lamp.
I have been looking at using ABS or PVC pipe for supports for the platform...Anyone ever use this material in a beardie tank?

any input would be appreciated

Joe

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would imagine you could use either one for this purpose. I'd go with whichever one is cheaper. You could also just use some flat/wide branches or driftwood from outside or perhaps a nice flat stone for a basking site too.

budzoboy

Original Poster
Morning!
thanks for the input, PVC does give off fumes, but the temp has to be close to near melt for that effect.
I have decided to go another route, and this is my first layout attempt. I built an elevated platform for feeding, using tile, and the rest, after MUCH discussion with a friend who has been breeding for over 20 years and some of his friends, decided to go with washed play sand, to fill the other end of the tank. I have some driftwood climbs (which may change) a hammock, which all my other dragons loved, a 24" sun blaster fixture that will have a T5 reptisun 10.0 and his basking light.
the lid was trashed on this tank, so I just used some wood strips to hang the fixtures, but will probably put a vented top on it to keep in the heat. this is the plan so far!
a few pics attached to show my ideas.
97446-6123891799.jpg
97446-457770098.jpg
Joe
97446-9082874469.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom