DIYS WORM ESCAPE FEEDER DISH

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Have a stash of large and small mailer tube end caps that I've accumulated over the years from my bulk insect deliveries (crickets, superworms and mealworms) from Frog Arcade in Victoria and took one and drilled using hole cutter a large hole in one.
(I've been keeping the caps that were not drilled out to use as water dishes and salad dishes for my hatchlings and young / baby and rescued skinks , and to provide feeding stations for the wild skinks and water dishes for the "house" skinks. I'll be keeping the drilled caps from now on too).

I used h/duty cloth tape to join two end caps (including the one with the hole drilled in it) together.

Tested overnight by placing some mealworms and some very lively BSF lavae in the dish , which was placed in a tub (incase some worms managed to climb out).
None did.

Here is my handy work - whole job took me 5 minutes.

P1150002.jpg

P1150001.jpg

Escape proof dish with worms in it.
P1150003.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Not had a single BSFL or superworm or mealworm escape since i made it.... works a treat and better still , it's recycling/repurposing stuff that would likely in most homes end up in the local landfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom