Making a Beardie Fountain and Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghoul

I'm starting to work on the custom enclosure I'm making for my beardie, and the theme is extravagant wealth. She's going to have a throne, a pool (digging area), and a fountain.

What are some safe supplies I can use? The whole point of the fountain is that she can drink from it. I found a good pump online that some people use in cat fountains, so I'm going to be using that. I'm planning on making it out of either Zoo Med Clay (http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=17913) or another type - something that can hold water. I'm totally willing to do a glaze - I'm going to be working on this for a while!

For the throne, would vinyl be safe for my beardie? I'm going to carve the frame out of wood and stuff it with cotton, but the vinyl would be the fabric she could sit on. Is this a good idea, or should I use another fabric?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
When you make the fountain I would build it so that it has smooth surfaces that are easy to clean. Fountain parts getting dirty/moldy/etc would be a main concern so it should be cleaned regularly.

Vinyl should be OK. A lot of people use it as a substrate. I hope your dragon enjoys the new theme!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom