Vents on the sides or top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus710

Im building my first viv. Its 6x2x2 so its fairly long. Im just wondering. Where should i put the vents? I was gonna add them to the sides but i feel the heat could get trapped by the 6ft roof. Im thinking maybe 2 2ft vents ontop? The top would be best for cosmetics because i plan to make a fake rock background and i really dont like seeing vents on rock. Not very naturalXD i would totaly post a pic. But im not quite sure on how to right now. But its a basic melamine box with no front or back. Front will be glass sliding doors and the back will be thinner wood or mdf board. Thanks a lot:)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree. Having them low on the cool side and high on the hot side will allow for convection ventilation.

Lotus710

Original Poster
Thanks guys. Ill put vent on top side near the heat lamp and down low on the side without. Would it be smart to put a little vent in the warm back corner if i plan to build a face rock hide? The vent would be inside the hide.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Probably isn't necessary but depends on the temps you get. Might make sense to cut a hole and then you could either put a screen vent in or just fill it with a round cap if the vent isn't needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom