New owners diy case

Status
Not open for further replies.
93749-7331516319.jpg

New to bearded dragons, been reading forum and appreciate helpfulness. Bought this display case for $50 bucks, cut in 3 vents, T5 uvb, and floor tiles. Cheap laser thermostat to make sure basking spot and layout are at good temperatures.

Height seems perfect for lighting it sucks cuz the inside is like 34x16 so im assuming i need to make a new one in a year or two.

Anyone notice anything I may be overlooking since I am new to bearded dragons any advice is appreciated.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks great! $50 was a good deal on something that size. You may need a bigger setup when he's older as you mentioned but that looks to be a while off. You can also make up for a smaller tank by giving him time outside of the tank to roam around if you have a safe area for him. You can set up a portable basking light and let him run around and get some exercise which helps.

Wantafanta

Original Poster
Yes ty good reason for me to hold onto old combo light for use outside of tank, I live in a large studio without many hiding spots so I'd feel comfortable leaving a larger dragon free as long as it's comfortable and warm...

I just looked on Craigslist one morning and found that that quickly, I figure if I have a year I'll keep eye out hopefully get lucky by the time it's full grown.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Looks great, what a deal. FYI, those mesh hammocks can injure your baby if they get their nails or toes caught in it when they jump down. You could cover it with piece of fleece blanket or a bandana. Other than that it's looks like a palace for your baby.

Wantafanta

Original Poster
Ok, I put a green cloth over it...how are those similar brown like hemp looking rope hammock/ladders are they safe?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I prefer the fleece ones because they're safe, comfortable, and easy to wash. A lot of people make them on their own and hang them using eyelets and command hooks but you can also get them on etsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom