Building my first custom cage. Need help with suggestions,th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzman

92927-3662392232.jpg
92927-4475510796.jpg
92927-4745606086.jpg

Hello everyone,
I'm building my first custom cage and background. The top picture is the cage itself and the 2nd and 3rd pics are the background I built that will b installed once finished. I'm new to building and working with Styrofoam but I think it turned out ok. What do you guys think? Anyway,I was wondering what I can use as a covering? I saw they make spray paint that looks and feels like rock but don't want to use it if it will harm my beardie. Safety is my priority with him :-D. Any and all suggestions are welcome,thanx

charmander16

Juvie Member
I'm not sure that looks sturdy enough. Adult dragons can weigh over a pound and they lurch around sometimes. It may b fine for now, but may not be strong enough down the road.

Also,the opening between the ramp and that support looks too narrow for an adult be able to go through, if that's a needed pathway.

The main thing is to think about long-term maintenance. How easy will it be to keep this clean, i.e. to remove poop from it, etc.? Can you reach all the spots, etc.?

Others will have more info on how to coat foam, I've never done that, but I know there are a lot of good videos about it on youtube.

Fuzzman

Original Poster
Oh ok,thanx for the info. Maybe I'll use this as a template and construct it out of wood,lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom