Going to try to make a summer enclosure, going to take some

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
I admit I do not know the dimensions on how large this enclosure would be. However, our summers get quite warm here. Getting into and sometimes exceeding 100F, so I thought making her something she could stay outside in while I went to work during the day. Thought my little girl might enjoy this, she would still come in during the nights. Our nights are warm, but I'd get paranoid with her out there.

For the sides, I was thinking about the same kind of clear walls used in aquariums/larger terrariums. As well as some aquarium sealer, since it can work well from my understanding.

The bottom, I have been thinking large and hard about, I think I am settling for a decently thick set of wood with tile grouted/cocked on top of it. I also want to put stilts or spikes at the bottom of the cage. So I can dig it into the ground and it Won't be even remotely possible for it to move or be knocked over.

I would have to do the top from scratch I think. Because I want it to be vented but sealable. So nothing but me can get into it.

As for everything that I am thinking about putting in it.
I'm going to say 2-4 shady spots or hiding spots.
At least one rock or perch for sunning
A bowl for her food and a bowl for her insect treats
Possibly something to dig in that Won't possibly cause compaction? (Any ideas?)
A big pool if water for her to skitter into and enjoy a nice shallow swim or drink fron
Possibly a small piece of marble
Depending on if she keeps climbing like she currently is, maybe a few thick branches for her to climb all over and have fun
Possibly have a few built in hiding places for treats for her to try and find

Welp, this is what I got so far, what do you guys think?

charmander16

Juvie Member
Outdoor cages need to be all wire mesh, except the bottom. You can't have any glass or Plexiglas, as that will cause too much heating and air stagnation. There are a few outdoor enclosures linked in the forums. If you do some searches you should be able to find some to get some ideas.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
charmander16":7d1sgkyl said:
Outdoor cages need to be all wire mesh, except the bottom. You can't have any glass or Plexiglas, as that will cause too much heating and air stagnation. There are a few outdoor enclosures linked in the forums. If you do some searches you should be able to find some to get some ideas.

Thanks, I appreciate the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom