Newbie with a question about lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradc01

I'm wanting to convert my fish tank to a tank for my bearded dragon. I have led lighting from rapidleds that you can control. It worked great for my saltwater tank. My question is would this lighting be good enough to use. The setup I have has uv lights on it. I know I would still need a headlamp with them since they don't get hot. Has anyone ever tried anything like this before?
Thanks
Brad Curl

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
LED can be used for visible lighting in conjunction with a good UVB light and basking light. I wouldn't rely on it as a primary light source though.

charmander16

Juvie Member
Yeah, in fact it can be great. As said, the LED lighting is only for ADDED lighting, you still need a UVB light and a basking light, but those types of tank lights can be really good. My only concern is if they are too blue. Do these lights look white overall or blueish? If they are blueish I'd shy away from those, but if they are "full spectrum" then they are great.

In fact I just bought the following, but haven't tried it out yet: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CMFFMS6/

Looks like there are actually a lot of good aquarium options, but again, need to shy away from light sets that are too blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom