LAY BOX/DIG BOX PICTURES PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see some ideas/pictures of what other people have done with their lay/dig boxes - not sure if my 13 month old is gravid or just missing her old substrate (switched from extra fine wood chips to shelf liner) but she had been trying to dig at the carpet and at the bottom of her tank

Any input?

Pictures VERY much appreciated

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't have any photos but dig boxes are usually plastic bins that have a mixture of damp play sand and organic topsoil set to a consistency that can safely hold a tunnel. That will allow a tunnel to be dug (you can get it started for her) and eggs laid securely.

If it's just digging behavior and she isn't able to get through your solid substrate, I suggest putting something soft down for her to dig in. I've had good luck with piles of fleece scraps or fleece blankets which can provide a soft surface for burrowing. My dragon digs into his fleece blankets at night when he is getting ready to sleep.

Stickels

This is a dig box with hide I've built.
photostudio_1499188434497.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A laybox made of styrofoam would be shredded so that can be part of your tank set up but not as a laybox for female to dig in. It's been a while since I had gravid dragons but this is what I had right in their tank. Used by 2 females for several years. Sorry for the bad quality pic. The box is about 22 L by 13 W by 7-8 H. I cut the corner out of the lid and filled it more than 3/4 with damp sand. I had a log right next to it so they could climb up easily. It served as a basking platform as well.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30026/full

I also used a medium plastic storage tote with about 10" damp sand .

Peggycat

Stickels":38y4osc0 said:
The one I've built is Styrofoam. I built these type of rocks and hides regularly.
photostudio_1497782701589.jpg
Great idea! I build these platforms and hides, too, so this is perfect.
Thanks for posting the unfinished pic; it makes it so easy to see what I need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom