Question on building (new)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Good Morning :) Hubby and I are new beardie owners and we love it so much. I have learned SOOOO much from being on this forum the last week that I now want to do some things different with his tank. I got the T8 bulb/fixture mounted under the lid and a small basking lamp that really puts the heat out. When I check the temps directly under the light on his tall "tree" it gets way too hot so I kept trying to move things to work better. I also want to make sure he can get within the 6" to the UV light.

SOOOO I thought about building him a ledge under where the UV light is mounted. My question is we have a lot of left over board/wood from building a train table in our garage. It's pieces of 2x4 and I think some plywood. I was wondering if this would be ok to use or what I would need to do it. I had planned on cleaning it and putting in the oven. I just wanted to ensure it would ok to use and be safe.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I wouldn't use pine, it is said that pine is toxic to beardies. I used an old barnwood plank to mak a shelf, she loves it. Oak, birch or a good log (baked) will do a good job. Here is her viv,
87978-230199369.jpg

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Unfortunately being smack dab city center in SoCal, I don't have any tree branches or rocks to use LOL but thank you! :) I will see what else I can locate!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
ChristinaMike":7pmm5mx5 said:
Unfortunately being smack dab city center in SoCal, I don't have any tree branches or rocks to use LOL but thank you! :) I will see what else I can locate!
Landscaping stones work well too.

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":q3hogfp0 said:
ChristinaMike":q3hogfp0 said:
Landscaping stones work well too.

If I had any lol literally my back yard is concrete, pool and lava rock :D Across the street did demolish their driveway today and I was really close at going to pick up some of the pieces lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom