question about lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1989

Original Poster
im going to build a cage for my future dragon its going to be 24 inc high and 4 ft long and 2ft wide but i can figure out the lighting i was going to do the ceramic house light sockets 3 of them 1 for basking 1 for the che and 1 for ambeit and the of corse a uvb fluorescent but will that work or will it be to high or what? been looking at the repti compact uvb 26 watt or i cant figure out how fluorescent fixtures work tryed googling it so a 24 inch fixture takes a 24 inch blub or what? got everything else down but this and its kinda frustrating and it seems the forums here are very underpopulated no or am i wrong

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A 24'' T5 fixture takes a 22'' T5 bulb so there is an inch of space on either end cap. The Arcadia one I use is 2'' tall so that cuts into overhead space a bit. You could use a dual fixture or two fixtures side by side with one using a UVB bulb and the other using a 6400k daylight bulb for ambient light. That would leave you needing a ceramic fixture for the basking light and optionally a spot for a CHE but you may not need a CHE if the temps in the tank stay above 70 year round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom