How to fill a large crack in "driftwood" log?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charmander16

Juvie Member
I'm finishing up my new viv build and I'm preping one of the large logs I plan to put into it. It's an aged apple wood stump, but I've recently realized an issue with it. It's prefect, except it has a huge split running the length of it. The split it about as wide as my pinkie. It also is on the side that wold face up.

My worries are that #1 poop could get in there and #2 crickets could hide in there.

I don't usually feed crickets, but do on occasion. Most of his food will be in a no-escape feeding dish, but sometimes I feed crickets loose for the hunt and because you can't really keep crickets from escaping a dish anyway.

The bigger concern is probably poop getting in there.

Should I just leave it alone or plan on spraying it out if any ever gets in there, or should I try filing it with something? If I fill it, what should I use? I was thinking clear silicone, but not sure if that's a good idea or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom