How to fill a large crack in "driftwood" log?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charmander16

Juvie Member
I'm finishing up my new viv build and I'm preping one of the large logs I plan to put into it. It's an aged apple wood stump, but I've recently realized an issue with it. It's prefect, except it has a huge split running the length of it. The split it about as wide as my pinkie. It also is on the side that wold face up.

My worries are that #1 poop could get in there and #2 crickets could hide in there.

I don't usually feed crickets, but do on occasion. Most of his food will be in a no-escape feeding dish, but sometimes I feed crickets loose for the hunt and because you can't really keep crickets from escaping a dish anyway.

The bigger concern is probably poop getting in there.

Should I just leave it alone or plan on spraying it out if any ever gets in there, or should I try filing it with something? If I fill it, what should I use? I was thinking clear silicone, but not sure if that's a good idea or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom