Tip: Look for used furniture before building an enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

charmander16

Juvie Member
So now that I've built our new viv I looked on craigslist for a table to put it on. I found tons of options and realized in the process that I probably should have started there before trying to build an enclosure.

I ended up finding a solid oak corner desk the same dimensions as our viv with all solid walls except the front (and bottom of course) for just $15. I could easily take that and either turn it upside down or slap a plywood bottom on it and have a ready made viv and it's actually better construction.

But man, looking around on craigslist in my area alone I see literally dozens upon dozens of pieces of furniture that could easily be turned into vivs, ranging from free into $50 range. Of course more for even higher prices, but the point is there is tons of stuff in the cheap range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom