Look at all the beardie Homes and hides I've made

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made all these different reptile hides and basking platforms. Now I'm selling them like crazy on Etsy. Have to admit I went a little overboard. I just love my beardie but she is ill and I hope she can pull through. Here are the images.

88673-6723344931.jpg
88673-9336747708.jpg
88673-4465897367.jpg
88673-6302180048.jpg
88673-8941556881.jpg
88673-3936862908.jpg
88673-413866812.jpg
88673-7080034627.jpg
88673-5008412395.jpg

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Can I ask you, what type of foam do you typically use to make your decor, and where do you typically buy or order it from? Do you use just plain white styrofoam, the green polystyrene, foam insulation, or some type of thicker foam board?

I've made quite a few of these for my own enclosures and would like to make some for my friend's enclosures, but I've always been shocked at how much plain old white styrofoam costs! I have a friend that wants me to make a background for his 40 gallon breeder tank so I went to Walmart thinking they would be cheapest, and was absolutely floored when I saw that a 1/2 inch thick piece of white styrofoam that was like 24"x16" cost almost $8! They didn't have much, and what they did have was ridiculously expensive. So I went to Michael's and they had an entire aisle of both white and green polystyrene, but they were just as expensive! The grout and the ModPodge is less expensive than the styrofoam!!!

gbgirl1705

Original Poster
EllenD":vtbr9iei said:
Can I ask you, what type of foam do you typically use to make your decor, and where do you typically buy or order it from? Do you use just plain white styrofoam, the green polystyrene, foam insulation, or some type of thicker foam board?

I've made quite a few of these for my own enclosures and would like to make some for my friend's enclosures, but I've always been shocked at how much plain old white styrofoam costs! I have a friend that wants me to make a background for his 40 gallon breeder tank so I went to Walmart thinking they would be cheapest, and was absolutely floored when I saw that a 1/2 inch thick piece of white styrofoam that was like 24"x16" cost almost $8! They didn't have much, and what they did have was ridiculously expensive. So I went to Michael's and they had an entire aisle of both white and green polystyrene, but they were just as expensive! The grout and the ModPodge is less expensive than the styrofoam!!!

I buy it from lowes or Home Depot in sheets. But sheets a pack of 6 or 10 for around $10. May have to buy it online and I use just the regular white or the thick pink styrofoam from Home Depot. The craft stores are ridiculously expensive. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom