Crossfire sliding glass door help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've decided I'm going to attempt the ever-so-popular crossfire build tutorial to make a 4' X 2' X 2' but I'm not understanding his instructions regarding the sliding door and the track installation. I can't find the particular track he mentions (the 6' Stanley sliding track). Can anyone tell me what they did, or tell me what sort of tracks I'd need for 1/4" thick glass?

Thanks!

bassclgirl92

Original Poster
Taterbug":2tosu2et said:
I got these for my builds. I think the tracks come with instructions too. Basically the opening is a little bigger than the glass, the top track is taller than the bottoms so you can lift it up to install/remove.

Knape & Vogt P2417TAN48 Plastic Sliding Door Track https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CSK398/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_eDI9ybWS9J07M

Alright! Thanks! Would you be able to tell me how you locked it?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Locked it? Or liked it?
I use display cabinet locks.
I like the tracks. It's only fussy if you use loose substrate and then the grit can be annoying. I've used it in two enclosures and not needed to replace either. (About 3 or 4years of use)

bassclgirl92

Original Poster
Thanks for the info, guys!

The final thing I'm confused about is glass measurements. What did you guys end up having for yours?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I bought the glass last. The tracks have instructions I believe but if I recal the bottom track is 1/4" and the top is 1/2". You want the glass to be about 1/2" taller than the space between the edges of the tracks so when you lift it up to the top of the top track you can swing it over the bottom track. Exact measurements will depend on your opening size and how you place your tracks.

On my taller cage I made the top track adjustable (it's on a bit of wood that I can move up or down if I need) so that if my measurement was off it wasn't the end of the since tempered glass cannot be recut and it was about $80 a pane. I have between 1/2 and 2" overlap of the glass side to side, depending on the cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom