Beardie Harness DIY Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a good idea on how to make a harness? I looked online and they are pricey. My beardies are babies still and I would hate to buy a nice harness only having to buy another and another as they grow. Only want a temporary one to keep the from bolting when I take them out and such. Any ideas would be appreciated and pics would be helpful. Thanks!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
A harness suitable for a month old hatchling who might be maybe 14g and as small as 5g will be totally inadequate for a big STRONG fully grown adult beardie who might be 700g or heavier.

I wouldn't recommend letting a very small hatchling have much if any freerange time so I don't think a harness is suitable for one.

It's a different suitable with a 6 months old or older beardie who will be considerably bigger and will enjoy times out much more, but getting a one size fits all harness is not going to be practical.

I found with little hatchlings that the slight pressure / weight of the wrist my left hand on the skinny end of it's tail while it was sitting on my tummy/chest , was enough to discourage the little ones from suddenly leaping / dashing off.
Also if you on the ball, and see the little one wanting to crawl, dash off, it's very easy to simply place the free right hand infront of them to "head them off".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom