Building a 75 Gallon Aquarium! Are my materials fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I'm currently getting ready to build a 75-gallon aquarium and need to know if my materials and measurements are right, I have added a bit inches on to each thing to make it a bit bigger than a regular 75-gal so here is my list:
7x 48 in. 2x2 (4x4 possibly)
7x 36 in. 2x2 (4x4) possibly
7x 20 in. 2x2 (4x4 possibly)
2x 26x20 in. Plywood ¾ in thick
2x 48x22 in Plywood3/4 inch thick
1 8x4 aluminum screen,
2-4 square hinges for screen door
2 latches for screen door
Staples for screen\
10-15 1’x1’ lino tiles
1 box #6 1-5/8 screws
1 box #6 1-¼ screws
6 Jig-saw, circular saw, table saw, hand saw
Measuring tape
Staple gun
Level or straight edge
Carpenters square or regular square
Hammer
Exacto-knife or razor knife
Pen or pencil or marker
1” hole boring wood bit
3” wood screws

I will also like for you guys to vote on the theme I should do because Im horrible at choosing so here are my ideas so far:
Jungle
Overgrown temple
Desert
Desert temple
Leave your own ideas and maybe Ill pick them!

Thanks,
Zack

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you have a diagram of what you're planning to build? I'm having a tough time visualizing based on the materials alone. Are you following (roughly) the crossfire build? https://beardies.dreamwidth.org/2145.html

I'd also include a nice 22'' T5 bulb and fixture in a larger tank like that. You can use the clips that come with the fixture to hang it from hooks in the ceiling over the basking area.

ZackIsABeardieLover

Original Poster
CooperDragon":25toffbd said:
Do you have a diagram of what you're planning to build? I'm having a tough time visualizing based on the materials alone. Are you following (roughly) the crossfire build? https://beardies.dreamwidth.org/2145.html

I'd also include a nice 22'' T5 bulb and fixture in a larger tank like that. You can use the clips that come with the fixture to hang it from hooks in the ceiling over the basking area.
The diagram you link confuses me on the size of what it is

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
ZackIsABeardieLover":9aicszig said:
CooperDragon":9aicszig said:

It is a 100 gl., vivarium....perfect size! 4'x2'x2'

ZackIsABeardieLover

Original Poster
Gormagon":1wry5leq said:
ZackIsABeardieLover":1wry5leq said:
CooperDragon":1wry5leq said:

It is a 100 gl., vivarium....perfect size! 4'x2'x2'

I need it to be roughly a 75 for where I'm putting the tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom