Homemade Cage Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coppertopneo

Im new here and new to Bearded Dragons.
Yesterday I bought my wife two Dragons. A male 18 Months & female 25 Months.
2nvy1rc.jpg

These dragons are huge IMO for this size cage.
Tomorrow im building a 8ft long x 4 ft wide. Following this build http://beardies.dreamwidth.org/2145.html
15mbjab.jpg

My question is would 3 ft tall be to tall for them?
Also the background with the ledges, they love to climb on. Can i build this myself or is there a palce to buy stuff like that?
It appears to me that some of the rock ledges are glued to the glass. I know glues are not good for them so what can i do for when i build there new home tomorrow?
To me the background looks light goodstuff foam. Parts have fallen off, and imn sure its not good for them to eat, so how could i make ledges and caves for them?
24oc6so.jpg

Last thing, the about 2 weeks ago the female layed an egg. How often will she do that, and should i seperate the male & female when that happens?

Vandy

They make backgrounds like that with styrofoam cut to how you want it then grout it ,paint and mod podge seal it. And 8x4x3 Viv is going to be awesome for them

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Please I am begging you, make two vivs or at least make one the same size. They need to be separated asap! They are solitary creatures that will defend their territory to the death. Coexsisting is not an option.
If you got them both at the same place they may have been cool with each other but the relocation stress might trigger a violent outcome soon. The possibility is there so, why take the chance on losing one or both?

On another note, I like that background and those are some great looking dragons as well.

"Edit" I didn't see the part where you were building it 8'x4', wow! You could divide it in the middle and have both vivs in one unit....problem solved! And, three feet is OK but you will have to get really good UVB lights for that distance.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I'd split the cage as advised above. 3' is fine, so is taller. A 4x4x4 would be an awesome size for each dragon to have. If you design it with a devider you can run the uvb across the top and have the basking areas in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom