First diy have some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I know this topic gets posted a lot but this is my first build and I'm worried I'm going to screw up & use something that is going to hurt my little Diva.

What kind of rope is safe? I read somewhere that hemp rope is good but the only stuff I found said polished hemp.

What kind of wood is safe?

Can I use polymer clay for details?

Is it ok to substitute grout covered cardboard or grout covered wood in some places along with Styrofoam?

Can I stick gems in the grout like this
90848-6395094325.jpg
thought of this as part of the background.

Odd question, can hard plastic be covered in grout? I want to put a little plastic treasure chest in the build.

I want to build a Smaug like treasure room and make a little cave with the grout shaped to look like a mountain of gold coins. I know it's ambitious but my Diva deserves an awesome home.

SlimNelson

I'm going to answer with my personal experiences which isn't professional advice by any means.

Littlekarasu":1pdtf7z5 said:
What kind of rope is safe? I read somewhere that hemp rope is good but the only stuff I found said polished hemp.
I don't see why rope would be unsafe. They most likely won't eat it. As long as it's clean and not dirty.

What kind of wood is safe?
I've used regular plywood and MDF before with no problems.

Can I use polymer clay for details?
Not sure on this one.

Is it ok to substitute grout covered cardboard or grout covered wood in some places along with Styrofoam?
I've used grout, cardboard and wood and never have had any problems. I don't see any of these being toxic. As far as raw styrofoam, I would make sure you cover it with something like grout, which is what I think you mean anyway. :)

Can I stick gems in the grout like this thought of this as part of the background.
Sure, as long as they don't eat them.

Odd question, can hard plastic be covered in grout? I want to put a little plastic treasure chest in the build.
I don't see why not.

I think you might be over thinking it all a little much. :wink: Just as long as they don't swallow objects and continuously lick paint or something, you should be good. Haha.

The clay one is worth googling around a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bert_L
Top Bottom