need ideas/help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackaroni

i want to build my beardie a forever tank but make it out of furniture like a coffee table or dresser. if anyone who has experience with doing this type of project has advice and pictures, it would be much appreciated. also, what is a safe, easy to clean flooring? :)

I have seen a few items used in my searches. I have seen slate, laminate, wood, bird seed (small round ones), Cypres bark shavings, and coconut husk shavings. Just NO!!!!! sand, it can do real damage to your little friend.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Safe means nothing loose. Loose substrates can cause impaction which causes paralysis and death.
Tile flooring (rough textured...keeps the nails trimmed), non-adhesive shelf liner, vinyl flooring, paper towels and newsprint are all safe choices. These are also all easy to keep clean.

A coffee table will be to low to the floor. Dragons seem to like watching us closely and, all they see is your legs and feet from down there. I have seen a few made from chest of drawers and even entertainment centers, they were all done very nicely. What I liked most about the chest type was storage in the lower section.

90385-1148196361.jpg
90385-447571166.jpg
This is what I have to start with and have many ideas but keep seeing different things and being told other. There are 2 shelves that fit in but not sure if I should use one or both. Literally going by ear.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
CaptainAmerica90":1nv0vtwd said:
90385-1148196361.jpg
90385-447571166.jpg
This is what I have to start with and have many ideas but keep seeing different things and being told other. There are 2 shelves that fit in but not sure if I should use one or both. Literally going by ear.
Keep in mind it has to be heated. I would try to keep the lights and che hidden in the top by placing a 1x6 band across the front up top and work down from that point. The floor should be no more than 24" from the bottom of the 1x6 band for heating purposes 18" would be better. This will give you an 18" view of his daily escapades, lol! This also allows for fun with decorating.
I sure wish I could find something like that for Peaches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom