best material for DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezmell

Hey, i'm planning on making a large two level platform for my beardie. it would be about 40x12x15 inch (100x30x40 cm) so it's quite a project. What i'm wondering is, what material would be best suited for this kind of job. I've seen people suggest using either styrofoam or polystyrene.
I would like to know about your personal experience with making DIY platforms, and what best to use.

Thanks

I would make it out of wood, I did something like this but smaller and it worked good. use something like maple because it looks good (in my opinion) and its safe for bearded dragons

joef

Hatchling Member
Melamine is a good material for making things for beardys. That's what I made my bearded dragons cage out of. You can buy like a 4x8 foot sheet of 3/4 inch melamine at Home Depot for bigger projects. It's also easy to clean and reflects light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom