Walls of vivariums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
What do people use to decorate their walls?
Mines a wooden viv with glass doors. The walls look a little bare. I wondered what people use for their walls?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I have pondered this same question for a while as well.

I have come up with an idea for covering the walls on the inside of our viv (which is glass). The idea is to use 1/2" Styrofoam and create some type of 3D image into it, paint and seal it. Not sure if I can pull it off but, what the heck why not!

I've used a couple of bamboo placemats, I got from Dunelm mill. I stuck them to some board then have used sticky Velcro, to put it on the back.

It's only temporary for now, but it breaks up the background.

88387-7582907644.jpg

I can get some interesting shapes of polystyrene packing from work, I thought I could use.
What is the 'grout' that needs to go on it? I'm in the Uk, so wondering if it is called something different.
Also what type of paint?

leslie179

You can look up this youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShEOcrbi9F4
This guy is really helpful and if you have any questions he should answer within a few days. Im a new owner of dragons too but im planning to use cork bark and stick a few fake mushrooms on it for ledges to climb on. While using magnet to stick the bark to my glass viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom