Dresser Viv Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicalBekah

Hey everyone. I am looking to refurbish an old dresser or entertainment system into a viv for my baby beardie so he has enough space as he gets bigger. I haven't gotten the actual dresser yet, but I had some questions and needed to do some research before I start the project. My first question is do I need to seal the wood in a special way before having heat lights on it? I don't want to have the wood warp or get dry and catch fire or anything like that. Another question is what are the best recommended dimensions that I should be looking for? Thank you for your help!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would seal the wood with a couple of polyurethane layers to protect it from moisture. I would look for something that is relatively tall. I'd shoot for at least 4'x2'x2' but 4'x2'x4' would be better so you can provide plenty of climbing areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom