Lighting equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cbarn023

I am building my beardie a new habitat but am having problems finding the correct lighting equipment. I would like to be able to install the lighting on the inside of the tank instead of having the lights sit on top with a mesh screen.
1. Is there anywhere I can purchase lights that are meant for inside the tank installation? I mainly need suggestions on basking light. I have a uv strip light installed on the inside.
2. Is there any kind of protective screen that needs to be put over the lights so my dragon doesn't accidentally touch the basking lights?
Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could mount a ceramic fixture rated above the wattage of your bulb. That should be installable right inside the enclosure. I'd build the enclosure high enough so that your dragon can't get within 12'' of the basking bulb and that should be sufficient for safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom