New enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
So I am working on converting my old 90 gal fish tank into a new enclosure for my beardie. So I have soaked it in bleach water rinsed really well. I then scubed it with soapy waterand rinsed well and then washed it with vinager and water. Do you think that is good enough? I have cut the top off. Going to make a screen top that can hold the lights and opens. Will be doing tile on the bottom again. Also found these nice drift wood pieces to go inside.
86288-3257972333.jpg
[ximg]86288 5961217685[/ximg]
[ximg]86288 4624337000[/ximg]

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds like you did a very thorough cleaning and that will be a great tank to keep a beardie. Nice looking driftwood , which is my personal fave for cage furniture. :) You can position the wood so that there are taller climbing areas since beardies love to climb. Post some pics when you have it all set up.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you. I have a bunch more driftwood to play around with. I will post more when I get it done.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Got my tile in added a hide and another stick. Do you think it needs more sticks? I plan on making the basking side the side with the hide and put his reptisun 22in T5 light over it with his 100watt basking bulb. Then have maybe one of the fish tank lights that is on it right now on the cool side for more light. What do you think? Then of course I still have to build a top.
86288-5601411620.jpg
[ximg]86288 2604602203[/ximg]
[ximg]86288 6376261609[/ximg]
[ximg]86288 7588768904[/ximg]
Thanks for any help or suggestions. :blob5:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks pretty good to me. Plenty of places to climb around and the branches are creating some shade areas as well.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that should be fine. It will create a 22'' area in the basking zone that will produce sunlight levels of UVB while allowing for some shade areas in the other parts of the tank.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Perfect. Thank you. You all have been so very helpful in this new journey of being a beardie momma.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Finally got his enclosure done. It has to air out because of the stain on the wood but should be good in a few days. And no those are not his lights. Just put those up there for now to light it up.
86288-9527574926.jpg
[ximg]86288 2838509106[/ximg]
86288-512260991.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom