build your own light fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
so ive been looking around and just cannot seem to find any good instructions on how to wire up and install a flourescent fixture with your own ballast and sockets and such. I think i remember seeing a link somewhere on here that shows how to build one from scratch... anyone have that info?

dAKY7

I have build my one light fixure for fluorescent lamp but didnt see any tutorial here.
You have two options.
1. To build it with magnetic balast
2. With electric balast (which is better and cheeper too) - ill tell you how to make it with this one

Things you need:
- soldering iron
- solder
- pliers
- electrical tape
- energy saving boulb of how many watts your neon tube has
- neon tube fixure (things you atatch tube in) or you can make it by your self
- power cable

1. Disassemble enery saving boulb of your watt-age but be careful not to brake the glass, there is mercury in there. Just with a flat screwdriver carefully depart white thing from glass part. There should be little circuit in there, cut all wires from boulb an you should be ready to go.
2. There is 4 wires on one side. That is what you link to neon tube. Left ones to one side of tube, right ones to right. Be sure to not mix it up. You will need some wire for this step.
3. On the other side of circuit there are 2 wires that are your power wires. That wires connect to your power cable. Solder everything together.
4. You can mess with fixures (just wrap wire around one pin of tube but be sure that wire doesnt touch other pin) or you can go in your local electric shop and buy one for few $.

If you did everything right lamp should light up :D
Hope it helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom