90gal tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
So I have a 90gal fish tank that I was thinking of converting into a viv fir my beardie. I believe it is plexi glass maybe acrylic. Any thoughts if this would work or not? [ximg]86288 9338906393[/ximg]

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That could work. You'll want to be sure to sanitize everything very thoroughly before you switch it over though. Give it a good scrub and hit it with a steam cleaner and that should do the trick.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Do you think the heat from the basking light would melt the plexi glass? Its pretty thick and I did look on line and it said that it doesn't melt until like over 300* also I would need to cut more vent holes yes? And of corse I would clean it really well and rehome my 2 fishies if I dexide to do it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Nah basking light wont melt it unless it's in direct contact and it's unlikely at that. If you leave the top open that should be good but you could cut a vent low on the cool side and high on the warm side for some extra airflow. Just mount the basking light on an adjustable stand so you can hang it overhead. I have mine set up like that and it works well.

76248-8383156387.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom