Building a tank stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoEyes

Im going to be building some custom tank stands for my beardies cages. We are going to be changing their terrariums a bit and ive been unhappy with how flimsy the stands from the stores look. Ive drawn up some plans for stands and im looking into materials.

Im thinking of getting lumber from the store but most wood is either pine or ceder. Is using pine okay for the stand? I know its toxic to have in the terrariums.

Im going to be painting the wood with latex paint and then sealing it with polycrylic sealer. I will let this all air out properly of course before putting them in the room with the reptiles.

ancapper

it will be fine as a stand I would think, the dragon doesn't come in contact with it, and it's sealed anyway. My issue with pine is softness, have you tried birch?

LeoEyes

Original Poster
Hmm I could see that with pine. But I'm not planning on making anything too super fancy, just something nice enough and will hold a glass tank well. But I'm going to check around at the lumber places and see if I can fine something like that. Sadly the 2 by 4's I looked at the big box stores are kinda ugly looking so I'm going to check elsewhere first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom