Is There anything wrong with my beardies enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks pretty good to me. What kind of UVB are you using? What are the temperature gradients? As far as "furniture" goes, perhaps add some more shade areas via fake plants or wide(ish) branches.

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2rhb9q5u said:
It looks pretty good to me. What kind of UVB are you using? What are the temperature gradients? As far as "furniture" goes, perhaps add some more shade areas via fake plants or wide(ish) branches.
I have got a hide rock for him as far as shade goes, uvb is 10.0 basking spot 40 degrees Celsius cold side 25 degrees Celsius, I do want to use any plants bc the humidity was already 65% all day

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The temperature gradient is good. Is your UVB light a T8 or a T5 tube? The T8 bulbs usually have optimal output at 6-8'' below the bulb and the T5 bulbs have optimal output at around 12-14'' below the bulb.

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":13a6gtln said:
The temperature gradient is good. Is your UVB light a T8 or a T5 tube? The T8 bulbs usually have optimal output at 6-8'' below the bulb and the T5 bulbs have optimal output at around 12-14'' below the bulb.
umm I'm not sure I bought the one with the second highest output I think I got a 10.0 uvb idk what that's called

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK. Just going by the photos it looks pretty bright so it's likely a T5. The branch you have propped up against the side likely gets well within the proper range so it should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom