Thoughts on making this armoire into an enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikadickson

Hatchling Member
http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/fuo/5535213421.html

I was thinking about making this into an enclosure for Milo since it already has glass doors and a light fixture (though I'll still have to mount his UVB in). Any thoughts? It's 7ft x 38in x 16in. Since it's tall, I'd have to have a lot of things for him to climb onto- I was thinking about making a DIY rock wall. I'd also have to cut holes for ventilation and I'm not 100% sure how to go about that? And I'd have to buy a nontoxic sealant for the inside, right? What kind of substrate should I use? Tiles, maybe? I've never taken on this sort of project so just thought I'd see what you guys think!

quyllur

Hatchling Member
I don't think 16" deep is going to be big enough for your dragon to comfortably turn around.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
nice find... with that much height you can easily make different levels for him to go around onto... that would reduce the risk of a bad fall. but that also means more lights so it would definitely take a bit of ingenuity. The lowest level could be like a dig area!!! with a acrylic or glass front so you can see him dig around in... double as a bed area! I dunno.. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom