DIY Bearded Dragon Landscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyAmigoTigo

I want to start custom designing Tigo's Habitat....I have read to use Polystyrene, but I live in a smaller town so not sure of my home hardware will carry it. But just curious, can I use any styrofoam?

And is any type of floor tile grout safe to use as long as it drys properly and get sealed properly?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Styrofoam is a brand of polystyrene, sort of like Kleenex is to tissues. So yes, it would be fine. Personally I like the extruded stuff rather than the bead or really course stuff because it is easier to cut and less messy. It will get he job done.

You can also use great stuff expanding foam if you can't find a good styrofoam.

Ive not seen grout type specified, so I can't help there.

MyAmigoTigo

Original Poster
Taterbug":3gvhuyld said:
Styrofoam is a brand of polystyrene, sort of like Kleenex is to tissues. So yes, it would be fine. Personally I like the extruded stuff rather than the bead or really course stuff because it is easier to cut and less messy. It will get he job done.

You can also use great stuff expanding foam if you can't find a good styrofoam.

Ive not seen grout type specified, so I can't help there.

I ended up using Hobby Foam which I found out is really thin Styrofoam.for the grout I used PolyFilla Tile Grout Repair 2 layers. Someone here in town told me they used that to create a custom terrarium.
I painted it using non toxic paint.
I then sealed everything off with 3 layers of mod podge.

I aired it out for 2-3 days and couldn't smell anything from the pieces I had messed with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom