Lighting for my beardies new custom enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

HELPMEPLEASEEE

I am going to be making a custom 48 x 24 x 24 inch enclosure out of melamine. I'm going to be using aluminum channels with a glass sliding door. I am going to be using the Leviton Porcelain Keyless Lamp Holder from Home Depot for the basking lamp(s). I don't want to blow a ton of money on "reptile" bulbs when I could buy one cheaper that does the same job at home depot. Does anyone know if I could use one from there or if I HAVE to get one from a pet store. If I could get one from home depot what would be a reccomended wattage and would I need more than 1 bulb. Also my house stays steadily at 72 degrees. Thanks in advance!!!!

rempop

I have several bulbs that I change out depending on the temps in the viv. All are clear bulbs 40 watts up to 150 in the winter.

HELPMEPLEASEEE

Original Poster
Thanks! I read somewhere that it is best to use halogen floods... is this true? Also is it fine to use the fixture I quoted or should I just use a reptile lamp? The only thing is the one from home depot would be way easier to mount in my cage.

HELPMEPLEASEEE

Original Poster
Thanks! How did you mount your dome in your enclosure? I am open to ideas of mounting in the cage, I want to keep it stackable which is why it is so tall (so i can mount the bulb in the enclosure). If there is some sort of hook that you recommend to hold it up that would be great. Btw I am using the Zoo Med ReptiSun® 10.0 High Output UVB Fluorescent Bulb 17 Watts, 24-Inch with a lights of america under counter fixture for uvb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom