Mesh or plexiglass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inmora

I have searched and I bet this has come up a lot. Sorry if I am beating a dead bush, I am looking at building my dragon an new viv, right now she is a glass aquarium, right size for her, thought the one I am looking to build is a double decker and I am guess most people go with Plex-glass or plastic clear sheet, but would mesh work just as good, say like on a screen door since they like to climb?

Gorgul666

The whole viv being screen? I wouldnt...it doesnt allow heat to stay in the enclosure, and your dragon could get a nail caught and ripped off if trying to jump down..

Inmora

Original Poster
Sorry, i should have been a bit more specific. The screen would be just on the door, about 3 foot wide.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Mesh would probably raise your heating requirements. It may also be a bit hazardous should your little one get snagged in the mesh climbing around on it.
Plexiglass and acrylic is not really durable, I have been using plexi for my doors and it's horribly scratched up.

genskiR6

I used all three. The top of my viv and enclosed by a screen top (hidden by a canopy), the front doors are made of glass, as I did research before building and read the horror stories about ugly windows, and the bottom windows are made of plexi but the are more part of a cabinet and not the viv.

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=217143

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom