Mesh or plexiglass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inmora

I have searched and I bet this has come up a lot. Sorry if I am beating a dead bush, I am looking at building my dragon an new viv, right now she is a glass aquarium, right size for her, thought the one I am looking to build is a double decker and I am guess most people go with Plex-glass or plastic clear sheet, but would mesh work just as good, say like on a screen door since they like to climb?

Gorgul666

The whole viv being screen? I wouldnt...it doesnt allow heat to stay in the enclosure, and your dragon could get a nail caught and ripped off if trying to jump down..

Inmora

Original Poster
Sorry, i should have been a bit more specific. The screen would be just on the door, about 3 foot wide.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Mesh would probably raise your heating requirements. It may also be a bit hazardous should your little one get snagged in the mesh climbing around on it.
Plexiglass and acrylic is not really durable, I have been using plexi for my doors and it's horribly scratched up.

genskiR6

I used all three. The top of my viv and enclosed by a screen top (hidden by a canopy), the front doors are made of glass, as I did research before building and read the horror stories about ugly windows, and the bottom windows are made of plexi but the are more part of a cabinet and not the viv.

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=217143

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom