Heat tape question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmarks

Does anyone know how hot the heat tape can get compared to ambient air temperature?

I am keeping my cricket and dubia colonies in my garage. During this past winter, when the outside temp was 0 degrees, my garage was about 25 degrees. I am trying to plan out how I can keep my crickets at 70 degrees and my dubias at 100 degrees. My plan is to get heat tape and tape them to the interior of their tubs.

I would bring them inside. But my girlfiredn said that my feeders and I would be looking for another place to live. She would keep my beardie, though. She likes him. lol

genskiR6

I'm really not sure about that an dI don't have any advice but to bring them inside lol. I keep mine in. Tell her that beardie can't live without his food so the food has to come in. :shock:

SukiLove

Juvie Member
I used to use heat tape for my Leo's but have since moved to UTH's. But you should have it hooked up to a thermostat. I don't know how efficient the tape would be out in such cold conditions, the ambient room temp in my house never fell below 60 degrees. I think you would end up using A LOT more tape to cover more surface area to maintain those higher temperatures.

Here's some info on heat tape:
http://www.reptilebasics.com/heattape-faq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom