WAYNE'S WORLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffeebutt

WOW this is amazing! I love it! and the curtains is such a cute and great idea. I am very envious of your skill it came out great and i'm sure your beardie will love it and all that room they'll have when they get older.

So saving this thread...I plan to build something similar for my beardie when I move into a house and this is a great ref.

Great and beautiful job!!

genskiR6

Original Poster
So it's finally finished! I love the way it came out too. :D Here goes:

Started preping wood for the base cabinet. I didn't waterproof this wood since it will be under the enclosure.
82155-4125805954.jpg

I assembled all the pieces together and cut out hole for the cabinet doors. I decided to leave the back side of the base cabinet open to cut on weight and I added a support piece in the middle. It made it much much lighter.
82155-1070389124.jpg

I then cut out frames for the cabinet doors and painted them to match the enclosure.
82155-9913525828.jpg

Then I had some cabinetry issues that gave me a major headache. I put the hinges on the freakin' wrong side of the door frame. I was extremely exhausted at this point and ready to be finished with the build. The struggle is real. :banghead:

82155-6375692775.jpg

So I fixed the hinge issue and then got some acrylic, cut it to size and then sanded the gloss off of it. I then painted two pieces with a frosted glass spray paint.

82155-7204145351.jpg

I epoxied the acrylic to the door frames and let it set overnight (Although I'm sure that wasn't necessary but some sleep definitely was.) before attaching them to the cabinet. I was going to go with a solid door but then I thought that a warm, soft light shining through would look really nice so I went with the frosted windows. I'm really glad I did and the extra effort was worth it.

82155-5797082730.jpg

I moved the base cabinet into the room and set the enclosure on top of it to check things out and make any adjustments.
82155-4879157553.jpg

82155-8755807234.jpg

I made Hubby get to work and hold my door up so I could mark to watch them and so I could see what they would look like.
82155-9981556204.jpg

There she is! Complete! :blob8:
82155-601213458.jpg

Wayne seems to be loving it. He's been putting on some weight since I moved him into the enclosure.
82155-9533507423.jpg

genskiR6

Original Poster
coffeebutt":2jjclmif said:
WOW this is amazing! I love it! and the curtains is such a cute and great idea. I am very envious of your skill it came out great and i'm sure your beardie will love it and all that room they'll have when they get older.

So saving this thread...I plan to build something similar for my beardie when I move into a house and this is a great ref.

Great and beautiful job!!

Thanks so so much! I appreciate it! If you have questions, feel free to send them over!

genskiR6

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2jzkpxv7 said:
You've done a fantastic job. Wayne must be very happy =)

Thank you! He seems pretty content :) I think he likes being at the height he is as well because I have cats that stand on their hind legs to take a look at him and he'll come running to the front glass to mess with them. It's hilarious.

genskiR6

Original Poster
Ive added some more climbing limbs for Wayne because it looked a little bare but it didn't seem to be bothering her. And surprise!!!! Wayne is a girl! Ha! :lol:

82155-6644257014.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom