Question: attaching wooden bridges to Styrofoam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callista

Hi everyone,

I just bought my first enclosure today, I'm so excited! First step in getting a beardie! I'm planning to make a fake rock background with platforms from styrofoam, but I'm still working on the details, hence my question:

I want to connect the platforms with wooden bridges, like the ones you sometimes see for rodents. But for easy cleaning I want to be able to remove them as well, so now I'm looking for a method to suspend the bridges between the platforms. The easiest way would be with a hook attached to the platform, and an eye on the bridge, but I'm afraid it'll hurt my beardie... So any ideas?

Thanks!

Elmontare

Hatchling Member
This is a little hard to describe but ill do my best...

On both sides of the bridge attach something in the shape of a ball joint like you see on some trailer hitches.

()--- bridge ---()

Then make two holes in the styrofoam on each side going halfway to the center in the same shape and slide the bridge in sideways. This way it can only come out one way. So when the beardie crosses, his weight only strengthens the bridge by pulling inward the ball joint section against the foam. As long as the joint is secure which shouldnt be a problem because whatever you use will be hidden inside the foam. Hopefully that makes a little sence...

Callista

Original Poster
Thanks, I think I understand what you mean. It's something to think about, so thank you for the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom