building viv, lighting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotty508

Hello,
I am new to bearded dragons so please excuse my lack of knowledge. I have surfed the web until my eyes bled but i am still not sure what exactly i should do. I recently got my son a Beardie (6 months ago) he is currently in a 40gal breeder aquarium with a CHE, mercury vapor bulb and a 5500k daylight bulb on a screen top. I am building him a 4X2X2 enclosure out of plywood with styrofoam sides made to look like rock. I want to make sure i build the tank for all the lighting i will need. I have read that metal halides are very good. I have used these for over 15 years in reef keeping but of course this is much different. I was curious what lighting layout other owners use on an enclosure like this. I do not mind buying a good fixture if it means longer bulb life as i know replacing bulbs can get expensive. The tank should be very well insulted so i do not think keeping it to temputure should be a problem. It will have vents and perhaps even open/close vents as well. Is what we currently use enough or should we set the new tank up differntly. Thank you for the help.

rotty508

Original Poster
Hello Again,
SO after doing more reading on this site (WOW) i think the design that would work well is below. Any thoughts?

81356-5680625760.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom