lighting heating questions on my diy

Status
Not open for further replies.

chas25

Building my enclosure and just wanted to double check the lighting. Also little lost as far as getting the basking bulb. I know you can use flood lights but don't know what wattage for this size enclosure (4'×2'×2') and how many lumens? Fyi I am going to be using a reptisun 10 24" uvb bulb and I wanted a regular bulb on the other side purely for light. Also don't have the dragon yet waiting til everything is set up and has had at least a week to cure and get rid of the smell from the polyurethane
77257-2557396656.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
From my experience, it's best to aim a bit high with the basking bulb wattage and hook it up to a lamp dimmer. That way you can cut back on the power a bit as needed. You may need to play around with a few different wattages though until you can get it dialed in properly.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I never had luck getting a flood light to work in my 2' tall. It was always too focused a beam or too large a bulb. You want the highest lumens for the closest wattage, if you dim a high wastage bulb too much it will be too dim visibly and can also buzz.

I bought any bulb that I thought might work, tried them all and returned the unwanted ones.

What sort of flourecent tube/future are you using?

chas25

Original Poster
The fixture is a 17 watt fixture for the 17 watt reptisun 24 inch 10 uvb bulb. The other 2 fixtures are 150 watt fixtures. In one ill have a basking bulb in the other I figured just a bright white bulb for light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom