Question about fake rock wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callista

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but I had a question. If you build a fake rock wall with basking platform etc, how do you clean it? I wouldn't want to damage it or something (you know, when I've finished building it...)

Thanks!

If you seal it with the grout that is shown on most of the rock wall builds you should be able to clean it with a rag and/or toothbrush and cleaner.

Callista

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. So do you use a mixture of water and vinegar or something? Or bleach? How much water do you add to the bleach/vinegar?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
If the grout isn't sealed (I've used polycrylic and modgpodge, I like polycrylic better) the grout can stain, it's really porous.

I use F10 to clean things, zoomed makes a product called wipe out! that is similar. vinegar/water is good for small cleaning but probably isn't effecitve against parasites and a wide range of germs. A steam cleaner is also a good optio with not chemical residues. I don't care to use bleach regularly it's pretty nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom