Grout question

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielt7

I just put a (light) first coat of sanded grout on my Styrofoam sculpture lol I mixed a little water with it because it comes THICK! The layer has a weird consistency and I'm worried it won't hold up when its dry. Anyone else deal with this? Was adding water a bad idea?

blindside

I made a styrofoam basking platform also. I watered down the grout also you have to water it down to get it in all the little cracks. I did like 3 waterd down coats then 2 thicker coats of the grout. Im now using watered down gorilla wood glue to seal it. heres a pic of the one im making
80707-9593729735.jpg

danielt7

Original Poster
Very nice! I've just been smearing it on with a knife, dipping my brush in water, shaking it off then thinning out the layer. I'm done with layer 3, layer 2 dried nice and strong. I can't be buying more grout so I gotta make this last. Already went through a whole quart. I'm gonna seal it with mod podge "matte"...is it ok to water down mod podge. I have 32 ounces of it, so I might not need to lol
I appreciate the reply! :)

danielt7

Original Poster
Hopefully. Lol people don't reply as often as they used to.
Like I said though, hopefully 32 ounces will suffice. I wish I could post pictures. But my only access to the internet is my phone lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom