Styrofoam for Fake Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

RexTheBeardie

Alright, so I know this has been discussed 400 times, but I can't seem to find a specific answer to my question. I see that a lot of people get their styrofoam from Home Depot, but the only kind that I see says it's treated with a flame retardant chemical.

Is this still safe to use? I imagine it should be, since it'll be buried under the coating and the sealant, but just wanted to double check. Thank you!

RoKa

I may use Insulation foam stuff as well.
Styrofoam should be okay, are you gonna pay for it? I've read that at some places you can ask for free Styrofoam, not sure if there are different kinds honestly.

We'll be building some hides out of foam ourselves soon but haven't decided on the materials yet. We did get polyacrylic satin sealant already but that's about it. I think with several layers of grout and sealant it should be okay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom