Olympic Maximum Stain+Sealant in One

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielt7

Hello fellow beardie lovers. I have a question about this stain sealant I used. About 2 years ago I built a huge 26x26x60 inch plywood enclosure for my beardie. I used this stain/sealant on it. It's 100% Acrylic Latex Formula, Self Priming, easy water clean-up. After housing him in this enclosure for about a year, he never had any health issues, unfortunately I had to sell him due to unemployment. I'm now financially ready to purchase another little guy, and I'm wondering if this brand will be safe. I've cleaned the enclosure quite a few times in the last month in preparation for a new addition to our animal family. But it's this one detail I want to straighten out before I make it official. Any advice is welcome! I want everything to be PERFECT for a bearded dragon!

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I'd google around on some other forums (maybe amphibians) to see. I've not heard of it but if is 100% acrylic if I'd think it's safe. I might pull up the MSDS and see what that says too.

Not to say that this applies to your enclosure but poisoning from poor air quality or contact with the surface may take years to develop and go unnoticed until it's too late or only be detectable post-mortem.

danielt7

Original Poster
Ahh I see. That's definitely understandable. I've done as much research as possible. I think the smart thing to do now is throw multiple coats of the safest sealer I can find. Better to be safe than worry about costs lol

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
danielt7":3dp4wu6j said:
Ahh I see. That's definitely understandable. I've done as much research as possible. I think the smart thing to do now is throw multiple coats of the safest sealer I can find. Better to be safe than worry about costs lol
Like I said, look around I've not heard of that product so it may be just fine.
Now is the best time to make those sort of changes. Especially since you won't have to worry about a little supervisor on your shoulder :)

danielt7

Original Poster
Exactly! I definitely should have had everything done before I bought my first. He probably wouldn't have been as stressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom