Finished at Last!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished my vivarium at last, getting Boris tomorrow!! Could someone tell me the best and effective way to heat the viv at night? And do indeed to leave the uvb on at night? Thanks

80580-5300558172.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's going to make a really great home for Boris! You'll want to turn the UVB off when you turn the basking light off in the evening. I keep them both on the same timer. If the enclosure stays above 65f/18c in the evening, no additional heat is needed at night. If the temperatures dip below that (possibly just seasonally which is the case at my house in the winter) you can get a ceramic heat emitter to boost the temperatures a little bit overnight - just put that on a separate timer. You'll want to keep a bit of a cooldown period overnight though so don't boost the temperatures too high.

Do not leave any UVB on at night and breaded dragons prefer it darker at night. I would suggest a ceramic heater and as a second choice you could use a infared heat lamp. Temperatures should be between 65-70 degrees at night. Basking spot/surface temp. around 105-110 and also a cool side of about 75 degrees during the daytime. If you need any help please reach out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom