Trying to build my own custom enclosure, HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbnthaone

Ok so my beardie is gettin bigger by the minute. I want to build a enclosure that is atleast 5ft long, 2ft wide, 3ft tall. Need help deciding what type of materials I would need/that are recommended. Not trying to spend a lot of money. Atleast under $100. Any suggestions?

Rikhik

Find an old projection screen tv. Gut it out, there isn't much in there besides some lights and a mirror. Build it anyway you please. I made one out of a Mitsubishi 60 inch, put a shelf in the middle and made two for both my beardies. I don't know how to post pictures but can email some if you'd like. Thanks.

sbnthaone

Original Poster
Rikhik":2tztlpmo said:
Find an old projection screen tv. Gut it out, there isn't much in there besides some lights and a mirror. Build it anyway you please. I made one out of a Mitsubishi 60 inch, put a shelf in the middle and made two for both my beardies. I don't know how to post pictures but can email some if you'd like. Thanks.

I have been seeing acouple like that. Now it's just a matter of me finding the tv. But sure my email is [email protected]

Rikhik

I have tried three different tvs and the Mitsubishi projections are the best. It comes with a clear screen and the front just slides up to take it off. Our dragons love it and besides, I paid like 1500 for the TV. Hated to send it to the dump.

HitokiriBattousai

Hatchling Member
while the wood be in your 100$ budget the glass would put you over (Melamine is about $40 a sheet while hardwood 3/4 plywood like oak and maple is $50)

im in the process of building my own Custom tank/enclosure which is 4x2x3 and the glass for my front alone is gonna cost me about $80

but an idea you could look for an old dresser as well and gut it i've seen it done a few times and if you could fine one the right size it could work out nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom